Re: Finding stack frames on ix86

From: Nicholas Duffek (nsd@bosbc.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 16:22:11 EST

On 9-May-2000, Keith Owens wrote:

>I'm doing some work on SGI's kdb and I need a sanity check on an
>algorithm for finding the kernel stack frames on ix86.

I recently did some work on finding stack frames in framepointerless ix86
code for GDB. The algorithm I used was to analyze ix86 instructions to
figure out how the stack pointer could have changed between the function
start and the PC.

The results were good. If you want, I'll send you email when I'm ready to
release it.

Nick