Sony VAIO

From: Adam Fritzler (mid@auk.cx)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 01:56:52 EST

I got myself a Sony VAIO PCG-F450 recently. Works great, except for a few
things.

1) Is anyone working on an OSS driver for the YMF744? ALSA says
"mid-May" but thats about it. They have the docs from yamaha on their
site as well.

2) Anyone know a way to control the behavior of when you put the lid
down? In Win98, it goes into suspend. In linux, it does nothing. I
don't want suspend, but I would like it to shut the panel off.

3) The Fn brightness and contrast key combinations lock up the machine
quite nicely. No idea why. Fn-F (to switch between video stretch and
unstretched (for displaying non-XGA resolutions on the XGA LCD)) works
just fine. But the others kill it. Any ideas? No kernel messages or
anything. It'll do it before it gets to user space, so its a kernel
difficulty.

I think thats it for now. (I only wish the Alps trackpad did the
two-finger-tap = middle-button thing that Synaptics pads do. Hitting
both of the buttons simultaneously is a bit tricky. Oh well.)

af

---
  Adam Fritzler
  { mid@auk.cx }