Re: What happened to Ali 15x3 support in for pre stable kernels?

From: brian@worldcontrol.com
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 02:30:27 EST

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 05:16:09PM -0700, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> It is hard enough to keep the development tree forward.
> There were parts of ISR code in my patches that are now in the "2.2.16pre"
> series......

Thanks for the info.

> If you are that much in need please go for the patch creation and send it
> back to me........

It's not urgent and I'm happy to be patient. Its just that it makes
participation in things like IrDA development difficult.

The latest IrDA stuff is available in 2.2.16pre2 or perhaps pre3 now.
There are other strategies to staying current with IrDA. They are
just more work. (like backporting IrDA to 2.2.15)

The problem of integrating and working with different development
projects seems to be a systemic problem in the overall development model
used by the Linux community.

Your IDE patches for the 2.2.15pre kernels had been so timely that
when 2.2.16pre patches didn't materialize I became worried that
development had simply gone someplace I wasn't aware of.

Thanks for all your good work. And I look forward to the day when
ALI 15x3 IDE code is a part of 2.2.x.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>

Copyright (c) 2000 By Brian Litzinger, All Rights Reserved