Re: Linux 2.3.99pre9-2 JOB list

From: David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 18:54:00 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> Fixed
> -----
> Tulip hang on rmmod (fixed in .51 ?)

Nope, crashes reliably. Last tested was circa 2.3.99-pre3.

> VM needs rebalancing or we have a bad leak

Andrea's classzone makes things spiffy again.

> ToDo:

NEC Versa LX w/ PIIX tuning causes lost interrupt and hang on boot at partition
check stage.

> PCMCIA/Cardbus hangs, IRQ problems, Keyboard/mouse problem (may be fixed ?)

Nope, we're in the middle of a big puddle of mud here.

> Use PCI DMA 'lost interrupt' problem with some hw [which ?]

Unless someone else has reported this, you can change this to PIIX tuning on the
NEC Versa LX laptop.

> To Do But Non Showstopper

2.3.99-pre9-1, I'm able to mount the floppy any given number of times over and
over without unmounting it. No errors seem to happen and umount needs to happen
for each mount before the device is no longer in use.

XF86 loses the screen if APM is enabled. XF 4.0, with APM enabled, will lose the
LCD backlight and display until hardware reboot if you close the screen or
suspend. Both the internal and external display are gone. This is probably an
XF86 issue but I note it here for interest.

ACPI enabled, S1 for sleep, APM not enabled, system clock halts and is not
corrected on resume.

> USB hangs on APM suspend on some machines

My USB Kodak dc290 crashes the kernel with 2.3.99-pre9-1. Worked fine in pre7
series.

> PCMCIA crashes on unloading pci_socket

How 'bout just saying PCMCIA crashes on everything ;)

-d