Re: IDE-SCSI in 2.2.1[45]

From: Riley Williams (rhw@MemAlpha.cx)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 06:04:08 EST

Hi Zoran, Alan.

>> Would you happen to know where the IDE-SCSI option has gone
>> to in the 2.2.14 and 2.2.15 kernel sources? I can't find it
>> in either.

>> These sources are both as downloaded from ftp.kernel.org
>> and raw extracted, then running `make menuconfig` and I can
>> find no sign of the said option anywhere in the tree.

> it is still there ! I am using it :))

That's good to hear, but I'm now VERY confused !!!

I have now downloaded the 2.2.14 tarball from ftp.kernel.org
three times, and the listing shows the three tarballs as being
the same size. However, md5sum reported DIFFERENT checksums for
the last two downloads, and only the last download shows the
options as quoted.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the faulty download - I did the
md5sum on it prior to overwriting it with the third download -
but I would LOVE to know how it is possible to get DIFFERENT
files of the SAME length in this way.

Alan: Can you please advise me what the md5sum for the said
      kernel tarball - linux-2.2.14.tar.bz2 - should be?

Best wishes from Riley.

 * Copyright (C) 2000, Memory Alpha Systems.
 * All rights and wrongs reserved.