Re: MASQ problem wiht 2.3.45 and Netfilter

From: James Sutherland (jas88@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 01:25:40 EST

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Sebastian Ip wrote:

> The problem's been solved! At least for ftp. We were thinking that
> netfilter didn't have a similar module but after routing around the "junk"
> from the only 2.3 installation i made i found the module. So ftp works now
> but icq 2000 for windows is still not working. Could this be just a
> problem with beta software or it is something 2.4 will have to fix?

IIRC, ICQ needs a similar support module; like FTP, some functions depend
on other ICQ clients being able to connect directly to your machine. The
previous ICQ could send messages etc. via an ICQ server, bypassing this
problem - if ICQ2k doesn't, that would explain the difference you see.

There was such a module in 2.2.x, IIRC, but I can't see it in 2.3.99pre9
yet. Perhaps it hasn't been ported to netfilter yet??

James.