RE: pthread issue.

From: Robert de Vries (rhdv@rhdv.cistron.nl)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 00:43:18 EST

On Mon, 22 May 2000 t.n.vanderleeuw@chello.nl wrote:

> On 22 May, Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
>
> I've tried your program and modified it a little bit, and the crash
> occurs because the thread that tries to unlock the mutex (in the signal
> handler) is the same as that which tries to lock it.

This looks very much like *not* a kernel bug.

I have modified the program so that the only thing happening in the
signal handler is a printf. After that I unlock the the mutex from the
main thread.

The program crashes.

If I unlock the mutex before the signal is raised all goes well.

I have not yet been able to see what happens in the C library.

        Robert

--
Robert de Vries
rhdv@rhdv.cistron.nl