Re: [prepatch] Directory Notification

From: David Howells (David.Howells@nexor.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 02:59:00 EST

What would be nice with your directory notification stuff would to be able to
use poll()/select() on the file descriptor you set O_ASYNC on rather that
having a signal delivered.

You could then have select() wait for, say, an 'exceptional' condition, and
have poll() look for something like 'POLLPRI'.

> Not necessarily. SMB has the NT_TRANSACT_NOTIFY_CHANGE call which
> SMB could implement.

This would be very nice indeed... we use samba here at work to serve the
common source code out to a bunch of NT boxes, and the samba server gets
slated constantly for not serving change notifications. (Of course, I use
Linux rather than NT, despite company policy:-)

David