SA_SIGINFO on Alpha

From: David Huggins-Daines (dhd@linuxcare.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 15:06:31 EST

Hi,

I notice that as of 2.3.99pre8, Alpha is the only architecture that
still does not really implement SA_SIGINFO (i.e. does not fill in
si_code and the various signal-specific structures) for most signals
(in particular, SIGSEGV, SIGBUS, SIGFPE, SIGILL).

Is anyone working on this? I'm looking through the way other arches
do it and it looks fairly easy at first glance, just basically filling
in the appropriate fields of siginfo_t and using
(send|force)_sig_info() instead of (send|force)_sig().

Are there any hidden complexities (such as Tru64 compatibility) to
this that I need to be aware of?

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior GNU/Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile