Re: Correction: 2.2.15-SMP, eepro100, elusive boot failure

From: kumon@flab.fujitsu.co.jp
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 18:36:50 EST

Andrey Savochkin writes:
> OK, so, the compiler changes the timings, which affects the result.
> I need to think about it.
> Could you try to put #define USE_IO (instead of #undef USE_IO, if it's
> present) and check if there are problems in such a setup (one or ten failed
> boots doesn't matter for the case, just tell me if there is a single fail).

with #define USE_IO, egcs-kernel can boot 50 times without the error.
At the meanwhile the previous egcs-kernel or 272-kernel produces 19 or
4 errors.

At the experiment, I randomly mixed the three kernel booting to remove
histrical effetcs, if it may exist.

--
Computer Systems Laboratory, Fujitsu Labs.
kumon@flab.fujitsu.co.jp