Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 16:18:15 EST

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> (Ideally, I'd like to turf both Perl and Tk out of the kernel tree
> entirely. They're kludges, and they promote kludging. Python plus

<shrug> Let's take holy wars somewhere else... No arguments on Tk, but
Perl vs. Python has _way_ too nasty potential for growing into BThreadFH.

> a GTK++ binding could make Tk unnecessary. Would GTK++ be a greater
> or lesser requirement than Tk?)

<double shrug> FWIC, both are evil. As long as the thing works without X
installed on the box - watch me not care.

        Al, -><- close to getting PO'd enough to actually implement One
True Editor as ldisc - insmod vi.o and there we go...