Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Sean Hunter (seanh@sportingbet.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 04:26:02 EST

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 06:05:18PM -0500, Ed Carp wrote:
> Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu) writes:
>
> > Al, -><- close to getting PO'd enough to actually implement One
> > True Editor as ldisc - insmod vi.o and there we go...

<Political correctness>

> I think we ought to be celebrating the fact that we *have* more than one editor
> to choose from, instead of fighting over which is the One True Editor, an
> argument which is foolish on its face. My office mate uses Emacs, he loves
> it, and more power to him. I use vi. I'm just glad that I'm not forced to
> use Emacs, and he's not forced to use vi, and that's what this whole thing
> is all about, isn't it?

</Political correctness>

Everyone should simply be forced to use the One Editor until they like
it. Electric shock/aversion therapy could easily be used to ensure
the correct salivation or revulsion response depending on what editor
is running.

Afterall its not enough to just use the One Editor ourselves.
Everyone else should use it too, and they should be forced to enjoy
it.

Sean

P.S. I use both editors