Re: Bug Infested MKISOFS Utility reports bogus "Directory Loop" error

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 11:45:18 EST

Alan/Al,

I looked through his code, and he is creating a directory hash in memory
and caching inode numbers. The code implementation looks problematic
since someone could delete and recreate a file underneath him, and
render his cache stale. I am attempting to track down the bug in his
code. It appears that he is doing this in case he encounters hard
links/soft links and needs to know how/when to intelligently handle
these two cases. The implementation is convoluted, and I can see where
his method of handling readdir() calls may break if he gets a 1,2,3,5,11
sequence (which he does not appear to expect).

I will implement the nts_open(3) call specified by Al and try again.
I'll update when I've got a version of MKISOFS that doesn't break.

:-)

Jeff