plip problems in 2.2.15

From: Martin Kahlert (martin.kahlert@infineon.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 07:56:07 EST

Dear kernel folks!
I am not subscribed to this list, so please cc me.

I am running linux-2.2.15 on an ancient 486 laptop, a pentium pc
and a 21164A alpha.

I have no success getting a plip connection to work between any two of them.

All went flawlessly as long as my pc and my laptop used 2.0.35.
Then i upgraded all my machines to 2.2.15.
>From that time on i keep getting
plip0: transmit timeout(1,80) messages. No ping works.
                          ^^ sometimes 84/81 i think, too.
ifconfig counts every transmitted package as an error,
though they sometimes seem to get through because they
show up as RX packages on the other side.

What can i do about that? Did i miss any important point?
A network card for my laptop would be more expensive than my laptop,
so i wanted to try it with PLIP, which worked fine in 2.0.* days.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Martin.

--
The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.