[ann] bttv 0.7.29

From: Gerd Knorr (kraxel@goldbach.in-berlin.de)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 14:30:38 EST

bttv 0.7.29 is available:

http://me.in-berlin.de/kraxel/v4l/bttv-0.7.29.tar.gz
http://me.in-berlin.de/kraxel/v4l/bttv-0.7.29-2.4.0-test1.diff.gz

Cc'ed to linux-kernel because of the recent talk about the bttv locking
issues. I've changed the locking a bit. Works for me, but I hav'nt a SMP
box to test on. Hope I got it right, comments/patches welcome. This
version also fixes a bug in capture handling which was introduced in
0.7.28 (pre9-2).

  Gerd

>From the Changelog:

bttv-0.7.29
-----------

  * Patches from Rui Sousa <rsousa@grad.physics.sunysb.edu>:
    new-style pci initialization, locking fixes.
  * moved around Rui's new locks a bit to avoid aquiring
    the spinlock twice in a row.
  * removed the semapore locking on a few places where the new
    spinlock obsoletes it.
  * Using Jeff Garzik's kompat24 module now, removed a few
    #ifdef's from the bttv code.
  * pinned down a bug in buffer handling which was introduced
    by the error handing fix in 0.7.28 (as usual: bugs have
    been modified...)