Re: [linux-fbdev] Re: Question on rivafb

From: Harold Oga (ogah@cadvision.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 17:02:41 EST

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 04:01:25PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>Martin Butterweck wrote:
>> is this supposed to run with Geforce-based cards, too ?
>> or if not, is someone working on a geforce-fbdev ?
>
>A patch exists from Ani Joshi, but it needs a bit of fixing... and a
>tester. You willing? :)
Hi,
   On a related note, are there any known problems with rivafb and a
TNT2 Ultra? I'm seeing the folllowing behavior with rivafb 0.7.1 on
kernel 2.4.0-test1-ac1:

- at 640x480-32@75 I have to turn the brightness on my monitor to 100% just to
  be able to see any text. Also, it appears that 1 or 2 pixels that belong on
  the left side of the screen are appearing on the right edge.

- at 800x600-32@85, the image looks correct

- at 1024x768-32@75, I get no image as my monitor reports frequency out of range
  as it appears it attempted to drive the monitor with a vertical frequency of
  43.5 or somewhere around there. Well below 50Hz anyways.

- No matter what mode I run in, if I run Gerd Knorr's fbi image viewer, when I
  exit fbi, the console seems screwed up, as I see no text on screen, sometimes
  I see the cursor, sometimes I don't. Running /usr/bin/reset seems to restore
  things though.

Using vesafb doesn't show any on these problems, btw. I'll dig out some older
kernels and see if I can tell where this behavior first appears.

-Harold

--
"Life sucks, deal with it!"