[OT] ReiserFS

From: lists@frednet.dyndns.org
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 17:30:15 EST

I apologize for the off topic traffic, I'm having a problem regarding ext2, specifically regarding the it's limitations with an obtuse amount of files in a single directory. In a process, some 260,000 files were accumulated in a single directory which caused muchos problemos. I'm looking into alternate file systems and ReiserFS seems to be the most versatile solution to this problem. Does anybody have any testimonials using this in production class systems? Please reply to maf@netmechanic.com .

Matthew Fredrickson