Re: Message for Andre Hedrick

From: bvds@bvds.geneva.edu
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 21:21:52 EST

Dear Andre Hedrick,

>That was a cd-changer correct?

No... it was just an ordinary ATAPI CDROM drive.

I found it... There is a default Gnome (which I have never used before) setting.
If you go to Settings, Peripherals, CD Properties and set

 Automatically mount CD when inserted (this is the default)

Then dmesg logs a

 VFS: Disk change detected on device ide0(3,64)

every few seconds. The fix is obvious: get rid of gnome and go back to
fvwm :-)

Sincerely,

Brett van de Sande