Re: [KBUILD] Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Kenneth C. Arnold (kcarnold@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 13:41:09 EST

> > > Which either means that the user doesn't ever see the
> > > option to turn on i2c, video4linux, procfs, and that
> > > behind the scenes those files are compiled and linked
> > > appropriately.
> >
> > > Or, the options automatically turn on once you hit the
> > > capture card option.
> >
> > More likely, "if something is selected that requires these
> > options to be set a certain way, force them to that, else
> > ask the user anyway".
>
> Or, better:
>
> "You just selected the video capture card option. This depends on the i2c,
> video4linux, and procfs options, which are currently not selected.
>
> Choose: (a) turn on the i2c, video4linux, and procfs options
> (b) turn off the video capture card option"

             (c) show me what else needs i2c, video4linux, and procfs in a hierarchical tree

This could help newbies and experts alike explore options in the kernel and how they interrelate. I've always wanted to do this with Debian packages, maybe just for the "cool" value of it.

And hey, another opportunity to be cooler than Microsoft :) And not that hard to code, too!

Kenneth