Re: Advertising SuSe on lkml

From: Zoran Davidovac (zdavid@unicef.org.yu)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 19:00:49 EST

> Linux /isn't/ linux. I don't know of any distribution that ships an unpatched
> kernel.

I know one such distribution,furthermore I am using it !

Slackware ships stable distributions with unpatched kernal
Slackware is also called vanila distribution (try it
and you will know why) not to mention that it is called
 a mother/father of all distributions..

It is VERY good for server/home installation and LEARNING
about linux/UNIX/compiling/C/ etc... ; some people
would also say it is "BSD-ish"

useful links
homepage http://www.slackware.com
download ftp://ftp,feesoftware.com

anyway if you are not interesting to LEARN & to KNOW
(or read TFM=the friendly manuals,HOWTO-s)
and easy to install than the right choice for you
are Caldera or Suse (stable)

and if you want to be on the edge with newest code , patches , etc
than RH is your solution ,very popular ,well suported , many books,
nice , funny to install , some people would say "hackable"
(if not configured) and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPILE ANYTHING
just RPM (binary) ...

tends to be No.1 distribution (and IT is?)

And I don't have to used thanx to ... :)

Note that was not Advertice for RH,Suse,Caldera or Slackware !
(I do not want to start which disto is best)

Zoran