RE: 2.4.0test1-ac4/5 problems

From: Jon Akers (jka@ufbi.ufl.edu)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 20:23:16 EST

From: owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
[mailto:owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu]On Behalf Of
iehrenwald@earthlink.net
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 7:41 PM
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: 2.4.0test1-ac4/5 problems

I haven't had very good luck with either of these kernels. ac4 oops's on
shutdown when the scripts try and umount devices forcefully. I can't
write any of the info down because the machine reboots too fast. ac5 dies
in aic7xxx initialization. The kernel keeps trying to init the bus over
and over and it times out within two seconds.

System setup: SMP Celeron 400, 2940UW, Quantum SCSI2 drives, Toshiba SCSI
CDROM, 256MB RAM. Everything that is not essential to booting is
modularized. binutils 2.9.5.0.41, gcc 2.95.2, Debian woody.

                Ian

I will confirm the problems with aic7xxx initialization in ac5, though I
haven't had any problems with ac4 oops-ing on shutdown.

System setup:
AMD K6-200
Adaptec 2930:
        Toshiba SCSI CDROM, Exabyte 8500 tape drive, Iomega 88 removable,
NEC SCSI CDROM
Drives: WD 3.2 IDE, Fuj 3.2 IDE
64MB RAM

Everything is compiled into the kernel except sound.

binutils 2.9.1.0.23
gcc 2.91.66

Jon.