Re: 2.4.0-test1 - NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

From: Jacob Luna Lundberg (jacob@velius.chaos2.org)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 22:06:42 EST

I finally got it to detect in 2.2.15 once I found Donald Becker's latest
tulip drivers. However, 2.2.15 now has the same symptoms as 2.4.0-test1.
It works well for around five minutes and then it starts spewing out
transmit timeout messages.

Also, if it helps, the card is connected to a LinkSys 5-port 10/100
switch. According to the lights on the switch, the card is connecting at
100Mbits in full duplex and there aren't any collisions I can see.

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > 2.4.0-test1-ac4 because my LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 v4 cards aren't
> vendor names are not meaningful. is this a tulip, via-rhine, or
> perhaps even an rtl8139?

LinkSys say in their documentation to use Donald Becker's tulip driver for
this card. Of course, they also tell you how to patch 2.0.x with it, so
that could be a bit dated...

-Jacob