Re: Linux 2.2.16pre5 - NFS?!

From: Chip Salzenberg (chip@valinux.com)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 22:10:27 EST

According to Neil Brown:
> In short, I can see no reason why the "new" kernel code would not work
> with the "old" user level code at least as well (and in some cases
> better than) the "old" kernel code worked with the old tools.

I thought so, but I wanted to defer to the author(s).

> Are there any known failure scenarios?

Not for the new kernel patches.

OTOH, it's just been observed that the current user-mode tools require
the netlink device. This has to change.

OTGH, this difficulty in upgrading the user-mode tools should have no
impact on deployment of the kernel patches.

In short: Onward!

--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>