[OT] Converting BSD init to SysV init scripts

From: Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.clara.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 05:58:42 EST

Hi,

I've grepped around the Web looking for information on how to convert
an old BSD init system to a SysV init system but haven't been able to
find any information on doing this. I have an extremely mutated
Slackware 3.1 system that's more akin to the latest Debian system but
the only part of the system that hasn't changed is the BSD init
scripts. Is there any information out there that can tell me how to
convert my system to the SysV init script format?

I would much appreciate any information - email it to me rather than
clog up the l-k mailing list.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Alex.

--
The quality of your life will be determined by
the quality of people in your life.

http://www.tahallah.clara.co.uk