BeOS BFS filesystem in 2.4.0?

From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 20:38:06 EST

Would it be possible to include the BeOS BFS filesystem in 2.4.0?

I'm not sure of its current status, but someone wrote one and I was
using it a while back and it worked OK (read-only).

Note that this is a different filesystem than the BFS presently
included; they just have the same name, unfortunately, and I got
confused until I RTFM'ed.

It's really quite a cool filesystem (designed for multithreaded kernel,
etc., file attributes, indexed attributes with rapid searching via
queries) and is extensively described in Practical File System Design
with the Be File System by Dominic Giampolo, ISBN 1558604979.

If you're interested in rolling in the filesystem, I'll dig up a URL and
the author. I'm pretty sure the Linux version is GPL.

Regards,

Mike Crawford
GoingWare, Inc. - Expert Software Development and Consulting
http://www.goingware.com
crawford@goingware.com