Re: Clustered access to RAID filesystem locking?

From: Thomas Graichen (news-list.linux.kernel@innominate.de)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 05:00:56 EST

Helge Hafting <helgehaf@idb.hist.no> wrote:
>> What I'd like to do is allow both motherboards to be able to read and
>> write to a shared area of the array. Obviously 2 seperate systems writing
>> to the same file at the same time would be a bad thing. So I need some
>> sort of machine independant file system locking.

> Both boards may mount the same filesystem read-only. There is no
> problems
> with that.

for this also keep in mind that journaling filesystems (reiserfs etc.)
have mostly some other meaning of read-only (for replaying the log)
and will not work most probably even read-only in this scenario

thomas.graichen@innominate.de
                                                        innominate AG
                                                    networking people
fon: +49.30.308806-13 fax: -77 web: http://innominate.de pgp: /pgp/tg