Re: Linux 2.2.16pre6

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 08:42:51 EST

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I know that this seems a little narrow-sighted, but NFSv3 (or indeed,
> > any NFS-related fixups) has been on hold for so long now that I've lost
> > count. For every new kernel release, I hold my hopes up "Yes, now we can
> > spend the time between this minor and the next one merging NFS-fixes and
> > testing them out properly", but so far, nothing of the kind has happened.
>
> Things happen. In this case there are good reasons for getting 2.2.16 out
> RSN. Deal with it.

Oh, don't worry. I will. As I wrote in the letter, I was kind of tired
when I wrote the letter. I'm even more tired, so... Sorry if I sounded
overly rude or anything. It's a human treat more than anything, to get
annoying when tired. I'm soon up to 30 hours of uptime now...

But could you at least promise to do everything to get working NFS v3 into
v2.2.17? After all, I think the first talk of getting NFSv3 into v2.2 was
around v2.2.13 or so. Quite a while ago.

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </