Re: Linux 2.4.0-test1ac7

From: Nils Rennebarth (nils@ipe.uni-stuttgart.de)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 12:56:34 EST

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 01:23:09PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> drivers and in paticular hacking on the vm and buffer cache races. There
> are things like broken and non fixed adaptec 29xx driver code and a
> suspected memory leak to deal with.
On heavy network traffic (ok, as heavy as you can get with 10MBit/s
Ethernet) I got

skput: over: c01e286c:1558 pub:1558 dev eth0Kernel BUG at skbuff.c:93
invalid operand: 0000
EIP: 0010:[<c0245c5d>]

and then the kernel panics with "attempt to kill the idle task"

This is a 3c905C-TX Network card directly attached to our main Switch.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source