Alpha 32 bit devices

From: Lee Chin (leechin@mail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 12:33:22 EST

Hello,
I had a quick question: An an Alpha machine running Linux, can I use 32 bit
devices... like an eepro100 card? The reason I am asking is because in the
mm/init.c, paging_init sets up memory in the zones DMA and NORMAL. But the
eepro driver does not use the GFP_DMA mask in its allocs or
pci_alloc_consistent which means it could be given memory > 4Gb which would
cause a problem.
I dont have the nessesary hardware to try it out myself, hence the post to
the mailing list.

Sincerely,
Lee