Re: red hat 6.1 owner rights

From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson (kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 14:13:58 EST

Must we adopt such a holier-than-thou attitude when someone asks such a
simple question? For cryin' out loud...

a simple

Pyralinx, you should get one of those great beginning Linux books at your
local computer store and read it cover to cover...it helps. That's how
most of us learned...
On a side note, this is a list dedicated to kernel development. General
Linux questions can better be answered in some of the IRC #linux channels.

would suffice...
Jesus, and people wonder why the UNIX learning curve is so steep...NOBODY
is willing to help!
I guess what I'm trying to say here is chill out, if he asks a dumb
question you can do two things: 1) ignore him, or 2) help him.
Just don't 3) discourage him.

 Kelsey Hudson khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer
 Compendium Technologies, Inc (619) 725-0771

Rik Van Riel: ->

> $ man chmod
>
> Then read the 5th and 6th paragraph of the "DESCRIPTION"
> section.
>
> In short: RTFM
>
> regards,
>
> Rik