Re: Linux 2.4.0test1-ac4

From: Tom Rini (trini@kernel.crashing.org)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 16:55:55 EST

I've noticed a few things with 2.4.0-test1-ac4 on a PPC. Mainly due to the
PCI resource conflict checking added by Jeff Garzik. While I'm guessing
these types of problems haven't shown up on x86 too much, my G4/400 (PCI)
shows the following at boot:
PCI: Address space collision on region 0 of device Texas Instruments PCILynx/PCI
Lynx2 IEEE 1394 Link Layer Controller
PCI: Address space collision on region 1 of device Texas Instruments PCILynx/PCI
Lynx2 IEEE 1394 Link Layer Controller
PCI: Address space collision on region 2 of device Texas Instruments PCILynx/PCI
Lynx2 IEEE 1394 Link Layer Controller
PCI: Address space collision on region 6 of device Texas Instruments PCILynx/PCI
Lynx2 IEEE 1394 Link Layer Controller
PCI: Address space collision on region 0 of device CMD Technology Inc PCI0646
PCI: Address space collision on region 1 of device CMD Technology Inc PCI0646
PCI: Address space collision on region 2 of device CMD Technology Inc PCI0646
PCI: Address space collision on region 3 of device CMD Technology Inc PCI0646
PCI: Address space collision on region 4 of device CMD Technology Inc PCI0646
PCI: Address space collision on region 0 of device 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100Ba
seTX [Cyclone]
PCI: Address space collision on region 1 of device 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100Ba
seTX [Cyclone]
PCI: Address space collision on region 6 of device 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100Ba
seTX [Cyclone]
PCI: Address space collision on region 0 of device Digital Equipment Corporation
DECchip 21140 [FasterNet]
PCI: Address space collision on region 1 of device Digital Equipment Corporation
PCI: Address space collision on region 6 of device Digital Equipment Corporation
DECchip 21140 [FasterNet]
PCI: Address space collision on region 1 of device Adaptec AIC-7881U
PCI: Address space collision on region 6 of device Adaptec AIC-7881U
PCI: Address space collision on region 0 of device Apple Computer Inc. Paddingto
n Mac I/O
PCI: Address space collision on region 0 of device OPTi Inc. 82C861
(Sorry about the wrapping)

Now, I never noticed any problems with the 3c59x, aic7xxx or de4x5 drivers
before, but now I cannot boot (/ is on the Adaptec card). I'm also wondering
what the region 6 is, the ROMs on those cards perhaps? Also could this be due
to some magic bits to arch/ppc not being there?

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/