Re: Linux 2.5 / 2.6 TODO (preliminary)

From: Sasi Peter (sape@iq.rulez.org)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 18:48:16 EST

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> About the only think I can think of is turning off CPUs on a SMP
> laptop for powermanagement.. :P So unless someone from transmeta speaks
> up about a quad cpu laptop this just sounds like a feature looking for a
> need. (i.e. worthless cruft)

No!

Think of a fan failing on one of the CPUs, in the middle of a veri
important computing task. If you can umount that CPU, it will not burn and
crash from overheat, and your process can also finish off.

Thinking of HA, when desinging the future of linux is a must...

-- SaPE

Peter, Sasi <sape@sch.hu>