RE: problem with sb in -ac7

From: bodnar42@bodnar42.dhs.org
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 01:06:44 EST

> Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
> Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
> Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
> Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

I have noticed these messages too, but I doubt it hasta do with the
sound card/driver at all...
All apps tend to stop running for short periods of time in ac7, this is
do to VM troubles (again). I'm guessing that while kswapd is sucking
cycles away, the kernel is unable to process the IRQ/DRQ (what is a DRQ
anyway?), resulting in the above mesages. You should try Rik's patch,
although I couldn't get it to apply to my ac7 tree, but copying a patch
from netscape and pasting it in to pico rarely works anyway.

Cheers,
    Bodnar42