Re: Linux 2.5 / 2.6 TODO (preliminary)

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 01:41:39 EST

David Marshall wrote:

> "Kenneth C. Arnold" <kcarnold@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > W = wishlist
> > I = important
> > N = needed
>
> W Either fix the Riva TNT2 framebuffer code, or mark it as unworking,
> buggy, not recommended, dangerous, or some other appropriate adjective.
>
> On my machine, booting with the Riva framebuffer support causes the
> screen to darken to such an extent that it's completely unreadable. I
> can barely see Tux the Penguin(tm) up in the upper left hand corner
> for a bit.
>
> The machine is a 500MHz Athlon with a Riva TNT2 32MB card in it.

Well, it works on RIVA 128, and is marked experimental. If you are
going to try out code explicitly marked experimental, you should expect
that it will not be production quality.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Liberty is always dangerous, but
Building 1024            | it is the safest thing we have.