raid 2.2.x

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 02:49:41 EST

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Khimenko Victor wrote:

>Just like "almost everyone" knows that you can find RAID patches... hm
>whereever you can find them if you need working RAID in 2.2, you can find IDE

What do you mean exactly with "working RAID"? If you had any problem with
stock 2.2.x linear/raid0/raid1 I'd like to know the details. linear and
raid0 are trivial and if they doesn't work for you, it's probably a silly
bug that can be fixed with a few liner patch. raid1 is more complex (and
oom deadlock prone) but it happens to work too here.

There is longstanding raid5 bug report while rebuilding the parity after
adding a spare drive to a degraded array (I assumed also reproduced with
latest raid patches applied). The raid5 report cames from Lance so if
there were any news that I missed please let me know. Thanks!

Andrea