Re: Linux 2.5 / 2.6 TODO (preliminary)

From: Sasi Peter (sape@iq.rulez.org)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 12:06:08 EST

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, James Sutherland wrote:

> I can't see the software CPU on/off switch as a major selling point,
> somehow. As an HA facility, though, being able (ultimately) to hot-swap
> CPUs and fans would be quite useful.

Also thinking of fault tolerance, there are applications, for which the
calculations need to be absolutelly correct, so you might want to run 3
processes doing the same calculatins, on 3 processors, and have voting
about the result. If they do not agree all, you turn off the obviously
failed part.

-- SaPE

Peter, Sasi <sape@sch.hu>