Re: OS stopping stack buffer overflow exploits

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 12:01:20 EST

> > No code shown either. And no reason deployed, why we couldn't
> > code this without trampolines in the old threads.
>
> AFAIK, gcc use trampolines for nested function.

Ok can we kill this thread right now

Solar Designer a while back implemented code that handles this using segment
magic, handles trampolines, remaps C libraries to put an 0x00 in all the
vectors you might want to patch and hit etc. It isnt standard kernel
stuff but it is available on the net for those who want it.

So you are arguing about something that has been solved