Removable disk/aic7xxx hang; 2.4.0-test1-ac4

From: Chris Bednar (bednar@atlantic.tamu.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 17:03:13 EST

   On loading the aic7xxx module, my system (with 2.4.0-test1-ac4)
hangs until the cows come home, or until I put a disk in my Zip drive.
Haven't tested much beyond that, but it does seem to work as long as
the disk is in there. I do load ide-scsi first for my ATAPI cdrw, and
haven't tried without that.

   I got the clue for this from the ``LINUX Jobs for 2.4 update [scsi]''
thread; I hope it gives someone else a clue as to a fix.

----
Chris Bednar - Budding Quantum Optician, Quantum Fundamentalist
TAMU : (409)845-1571, (409)458-1235 FAX
http://optics.tamu.edu/~bednar/