Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggests delaying reiserfs integration)

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree (lmb@suse.de)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 07:59:04 EST

On 2000-06-05T09:53:12,
   Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> said:

> I don't think that's enough. When a user wants to try out
> 2.5 one evening, it should be possible to reboot back into
> 2.4 without having to reformat the disk.
>
> Reiserfs needs both forward and backward compatability as a
> default.

Linux development kernels have so much rope for a stupid user to hang
themselves with that I frankly don't care when they try to do that without
reading the documentation.

I disagree to keep a needed an useful feature out of 2.4 for the sake that
users may shot themselves in the feet when upgrading to the next development
series.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl