Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggests delaying reiserfs integration)

From: Okke Timm (okke@komtel.net)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 08:25:45 EST

Sasi Peter wrote:
> > As far as I know Linus hasn't made any decision regarding this matter and
> > the last thing I read was that he'd like a journaling fs in the 2.4
> > kernel.
>
> That is right, and I suppose it is because he also considers ReiserFS to
> be production quality.
>
> Correct me, if I have mistaken any facts (I really did not search the
> archives, have only used my memory).

<flamebait>
Does ReiserFS work with native RAID and/or NFS ? Last I checked there were
some issues... For me these are crucial "features", the only other FS which
has these problems and claims to be "production quality" is NWFS.

Personally I dislike FSs which introduce their own concepts rather than
reusing or extending existing ones. Once these "kludges" are in the kernel,
they are very very hard to change or remove them. If every journalling FS
brings it's own VFS-extensions (-interpretations ?), I think its impossible.
</flamebait>

Regards,
Okke Timm