[Solved]Re: Abit KA7 PCI problems? (Kx133 + es1371)

From: John Fulmer (jfulmer@appin.org)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 11:44:59 EST

Solved the PS/2 and ES1371 problems.

1) Upgraded to the latest beta bios from ftp.abit.com.tw. This is the
KA7_RY.B00 bios. This took care of the es1371 issue and the PS/2 issue.

2) Don't put anything in PCI slot 5. I don't KNOW for a fact, but there
the PS/2 problem seems to show even under newer bios' if there is a card
in slot 5. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Anyway, no my system is quite stable and happy. It was strictly a
hardware issue, not a kernel issue at all. Thanks to those who responded.

jf