Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggests delaying reiserfs integration)

From: Sasi Peter (sape@iq.rulez.org)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 12:19:42 EST

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Okke Timm wrote:
> <flamebait>
> Does ReiserFS work with native RAID and/or NFS ? Last I checked there were
> some issues... For me these are crucial "features", the only other FS which
> has these problems and claims to be "production quality" is NWFS.

Not for the flame path, but eg. 2.2.15 knfsd does not work for me (it
works ok, but corrupts filesystem, does not let deleted space be freed up,
aleady posted here, no response)

> Personally I dislike FSs which introduce their own concepts rather than
> reusing or extending existing ones. Once these "kludges" are in the kernel,
> they are very very hard to change or remove them. If every journalling FS

If they are the right kind, that is called evolution. And who has (who has
exact idea at least of) a better one?

-- SaPE

Peter, Sasi <sape@sch.hu>