Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggests delaying reiserfs integration)

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 12:29:29 EST

Hans,

I support Alan's position relative to the journalling issues. You
should to. None of us have been excluded from providing input from this
process, and it's very clear that Alan is trying to balance all the
requirements and do the right thing for Linux, and your wonderful
ReiserFS. Let's give what he proposes a chance to work, and be
supportive. It's very clear he is taking all of our needs very
seriously and attempting to provide the best path possible for the
evolution of Linux.

What you have done is very good for Linux, and everyone recognizes
this. I applaud your efforts and cleverness. But cut Alan some slack,
having a general mathod for journalling would be a great addition, and
Stephen Tweedie is a very competent architect, no doubt his journalling
stuff will be very good.

Very Truly Yours,

:-)

Jeff