Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggests delaying reiserfs integration)

From: Hans Reiser (hans@reiser.to)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 17:27:04 EST

Okke Timm wrote:

> Sasi Peter wrote:
> > > As far as I know Linus hasn't made any decision regarding this matter and
> > > the last thing I read was that he'd like a journaling fs in the 2.4
> > > kernel.
> >
> > That is right, and I suppose it is because he also considers ReiserFS to
> > be production quality.
> >
> > Correct me, if I have mistaken any facts (I really did not search the
> > archives, have only used my memory).
>
> <flamebait>
> Does ReiserFS work with native RAID and/or NFS ? Last I checked there were
> some issues... For me these are crucial "features", the only other FS which
> has these problems and claims to be "production quality" is NWFS.

knfsd crashes for both ext2 and reiserfs, alexei adamovich is working on
debugging that.

I understand that the raid that went into 2.4 works fine with reiserfs, if I
understand correctly it was the code that was rejected from the kernel that
didn't work with us for the reason that it was rejected for.

> Personally I dislike FSs which introduce their own concepts rather than
> reusing or extending existing ones.

You are one of the few persons with the courage to say this rather than just
think it, and I commend you for your courage.