Re: _fpstate_fxsave & al

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 03:04:56 EST

   From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
   Date: 05 Jun 2000 21:09:52 -0700

   - concatenate the new structure after the old

   - when creating the signal context fill in the old fpstate with the
     data retrieved from the old one or at least leave the fp regs empty

   - move the magic word somewhere in the range of the old structure. I
     propsed misuing the csseg field which sould work just fine.

This is very similar to what we do to deal with this situation
on UltraSparc, folks may want to stare at the sparc64 32-bit compat
signal code for implementation ideas.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com