Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Hans Reiser (hans@reiser.to)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 03:10:09 EST

James Sutherland wrote:

> That wasn't my interpretation of it...
>
> * ReiserFS is still a moving target, unlike NWFS, HPFS etc.

If it isn't a dead project it is a moving target, so yes. We are moving into
synchronization with the standard linux kernel release methodology and
schedule. I believe that methodology envisions movement....:-/

> (Disclaimer: There's an FS I might be porting in a few months which would
> benefit greatly from journalling support. It won't be competing with any
> native Linux filing systems, though.)

Go right ahead and use it. I'm not proposing stopping you. Just don't ask me
to sit around and wait for the chance to use someone else's code when it is
slower code than what I use now.