Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 05:57:29 EST

> Alan wants us to wait for a committee that will sit around and build a giraffe.

No. I want the small bunch of clueful people to actually sort out journalling
and the needed vm stuff so that

1. We don't have 300K of wasted binaries if you have nwfs, jffs and
        reiserfs loaded

2. We don't spend a year chasing fs specific bugs

3. All the ideas people have to make journalling faster get concentrated
        in one spot.

> Meanwhile I am going to go build us a locomotive, and see if it is faster than
> our horse.....

All I'm asking is you make it suitable for pulling a variety of trains and
that someone figures out a common coupling between the locomotive and the
stuff in tow.

Right at the moment we are heading for a system where each train runs on
a different kind of track