Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox

From: Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 09:10:25 EST

In <E12zJGA-0007Ni-00@the-village.bc.nu> Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk) wrote:
>> But if there's only one train anyway and its wheels are
>> advertised replacable, surely that's OK for now? I would

> Actually the first people who asked me about 2.4 merging and file system
> stuff were the NWFS folks. The second were some of the JFFS users the third
> was the Reiserfs people. Im not 100% sure if XFS is totally ready and

XFS is NOT ready. XFS works great (linux version is less tested then ReiserFS
but general design was VERY WELL polished in IRIX) but there are HUGE number
of changes to other parts of kernel needed for it and so it's not 2.4 thing
for sure (2.5 perhaps). NWFS & ReiserFS (AFAIK) do not affect anything when
not loaded. Not know about JFFS ...

> I believe IBM jfs has a way to go.

It does not work right.