Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Quintela Carreira Juan J. (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 09:23:28 EST

>>>>> "chris" == Chris Mason <mason@suse.com> writes:

Hi

chris> 2) A memory pressure call back in the address space operations. This
chris> really does seem more flexible than a call in struct super_operations.

I have not read nor ReiserFS code nor ext3 code. Do you push all your
pages in the page cache? If that is the case, I think that a call in
the address space operations is great. The problem is that I can't
see how do you will be able to free memory from an isolated page, I
assume that you need _quite a lot_ of context to decide which page you
can free.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy