Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: James Sutherland (jas88@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 12:55:51 EST

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Hans Reiser wrote:
> James Sutherland wrote:

> > just don't go
> > adding new proprietary wheels to make your code a bit faster.

> Proprietary? Huh? All code we write is available under the GPL.

OK, proprietary was the wrong word - the point remains that you appear to
have an acute case of "not made here" syndrome. If the shared journalling
code isn't good enough for you to use, fix it - don't harp on about how
your own RFS-only component is better than the shared one. You are not
supposed to be fighting against ext3: try to work together and share code,
instead of crowing about your code being faster in your benchmarks.

James.